The Ultimate Guide on How to Customize Shoes
Create a unified look from head to toe with the help of custom shoes from iPromo. Imprinting your team graphics, corporate logo or special branding on a pair of shoes can help you boost brand recognition, reinforce specific messaging and give your team members the ultimate professional aesthetic. iPromo is happy to help you design stylish custom sneakers, sandals or boots with quick turnaround times and low minimum order quantities. We’ll also gladly dropship them to any number of locations to simplify distribution.
Out of our expansive assortment of promotional apparel, shoes are some of the most popular and practical. A great choice for sports teams, hotels, spas, retail workers, event merchandise, corporate gifts, employee swag and so much more, branded shoes help tell your company or team story every step of the way. Here are a few of our best tips for designing custom shoes that stand out in a crowd.
- Pick your brand. Don’t settle for a shoe that doesn’t suit your team’s style or that won’t last more than a few wears. At iPromo, we offer premium brands to help you create high-end personalization that makes an impact. Go sporty-casual and eco-friendly with custom Allbirds made of post-consumer recycled polyester or keep it classic with branded Converse or Vans. Name brand custom shoes give your company or team a more luxury feel. They also make the shoes more practical if you need special features like premium insoles, comfortable cushioning for running or breathable, moisture-wicking materials.
- Settle on a style. Custom tennis shoes are a big hit in lifestyle fashion and promotional apparel alike, but there’s a shoe style for every season and activity. You can create one-of-a-kind designs with custom sandals, boots and running shoes with the help of iPromo. For unique concert merchandise or comfortable options for hotel guests, go with a pair of branded slide sandals. We’ve also got custom boots perfect for cooler weather or for wear in more demanding work environments.
- Choose your color. The starting color of your shoe will have a massive impact on how the customization turns out. If you prefer a bright and busy custom design with multiple colors, make sure to choose a white or light gray shoe to start. If your logo is a high-contrast color like white or yellow, you’ll have more options with colorways in your starting product.
- Determine imprint style and placement. Your customization style will vary based on the shoe, size and your artwork. Embroidery, heat transfer, screen printing and direct-to-garment are all options. Some styles are more suitable for all-over printing than others, so if this is something you want, make sure you pick a design that caters to your vision. Our custom Allbirds, for example, include embroidery in one 2-inch by 2-inch location with up to 7,000 stitches for a classic, subtle look, while our custom Converse feature multi-color heat transfer imprinting on each side of the shoe for a more colorful, vibrant style.
- Get an idea of quantity and budget. Your budget and volume needs are important considerations before selecting a promotional shoe. As with all iPromo products, we’re happy to offer big discounts on large-volume orders, but we’re also able to accommodate smaller quantities as well. Make sure to factor in volume discounts when budgeting for your custom shoe order.
- Prepare your artwork. We’ll gladly print most designs on shoes, as long as you have the right to use and distribute your artwork. In some cases, we may require written confirmation from the trademark owner that you are permitted to use it. To ensure a high-quality result, we recommend submitting artwork in vector format (.ai, .eps or .psd) or high-resolution .pdf format. If you don’t already have a logo or design you want to use, our consultants can help recreate artwork for you.
- Approve the design. You never have to order anything from iPromo without first seeing it and, if you prefer, feeling it in-person. Before your order goes into production, you’ll receive a virtual proof (mockup) of your design, which you can edit and finalize before a single pair is made. Want to see the shoes in person? In many cases, we can supply you with a sample if you’d like to see the product before placing a larger order. Virtual previews on each product can help you visualize your design and brainstorm ideas.
Reach Out to Us for Help
Creating standout personalized apparel requires standout personalized service. If you have any questions or want to consult our experts, reach out to us now at 888-994-7766 or use our chat feature for quick answers. We’re always here to help you design one-of-a-kind promotional apparel to celebrate your brand from hat to sneaker.